For those who want to write but can’t [or won’t] find the time. For those who can spare a few hours every week to get online and learn about the craft and art of writing. By the end of this class you should be able to grasp what makes a good writer good and give you tips on how you can write beautiful prose.
Duration: Four (4) weeks
Time: Four (4) hours a week from 4pm to 6pm.
Days: Every Tuesday and Thursday Evening
Class size: 20 budding writers.
Number of Classes a year: Three Classes
Next Class Schedule: July 10th to August 10th and
Last Class Schedule: November 1st to November 30th
- Student introduction. The class connection hour.
- Who is a writer? A look into my own journey of writing.
- What it means to write. Write everyday.
- What are some of the misconceptions of writing?
- What kind of writer are you?
- A dive into Creative Non-Fiction as a genre of writing.
- Types of creative nonfiction and where you fall.
- Elements of creative nonfiction.
- Plot, setting, characters and how they are developed.
- What’s your Point of View in writing?
- Getting started. Tools you need to write.
- Why is the writing environment important?
- Choose your time.
- Commitment of writing.
- Write a great intro.
- What makes for a great intro.
- The trinity of writing. The big secret reveal.
- The pie formula of writing
- How do you build a writing discipline?
- The hell is a writer’s block?
- Descriptive and vivid language.
- The importance of imagery, metaphors and similes.
- Audience. Why are they important?
- Create for yourself.
- Interviewing for storytelling.
- What is a good interview?
- Who is a good interviewer?
- How to identify a story.
- A session with an invited writer.
- Writing is in rewriting.
- Revise revise.
- Closing session.
FEE: 79,999/ =
[You will be handed a cool personalised notebook to kick off your writer’s journey because what’s a writer without a unique handbook?]
Disclaimer: We don’t give pens. A writer chooses his/her own pen.